HEARING and UNDERSTANDING
• Enjoys games like peek-o-boo and pat-a-cake.
• Turns and looks in direction of sounds.
• Listens when spoken to.
• Recognizes words for common items like “cup”, “shoe”, “book”, or “juice”.
• Begins to respond to requests (e.g. “Come here” or “Want more?”).
• Babbling has both long and short groups of sounds such as “tata upup, bibibibi.”
• Uses speech or non-crying sounds to get and keep attention.
• Uses gestures to communication (waving, holding arms to be picked up) • Imitates different speech sounds.
• Has one or two words (hi, dog, dada, mama) around first birthday, although sounds may not be clear.