HEARING and UNDERSTANDING
• Pays attention to a short story and answers simple questions about them.
• Hears and understands most of what is said at home and in school.
• Uses sentences that give lots of details (“The biggest peach is mine”).
• Tells stories that stick to topic.
• Communicates easily with other children and adults.
• Says most sounds correctly except a few like l, s, r, v, z, ch, sh, th.
• Says rhyming words.
• Names some letters and numbers.
• Uses the same grammar as the rest of the family.